The Office of the Americas coordinates HHS policy interactions with Latin America and Caribbean countries.
- Secretary Sebelius hosts Canadian Minister of Health, Rona Ambrose
- Brazilian Health Executives Meet with HHS to Discuss Minority Health
- United States Health Priorities in the Americas
- HHS Deputy Secretary Corr Speaks at PAHO World Health Day Event
- Secretary Sebelius Hosts PAHO Director Carissa Etienne
- The U.S. - Brazil Joint Action Plan to Eliminate Racism and Promote Equality
- Americas Region Supports Efforts to Put WHO on Stronger Financial Footing
- OGA Participates in HHS Hispanic Heritage Month
- US-México Environmental Program Framework Report
- Vision for Public Health Surveillance
- Bilingual Fotonovela on Diabetes
The U.S.-México Border Health Commission (BHC) works to provide international leadership to optimize health and quality of life along the U.S.-México.
Current initiatives in Latin American and the Caribbean include the U.S.-Brazil Working Group in Public Health (US-Brazil WGPH) and the Haiti Health Facilities Working Group.
See also in this region:
The mission of the United States-México Border Health Commission is to provide international leadership to optimize health and quality of life along the U.S.-México border.
- Secretary Sebelius visited Port-au-Prince, Haiti
- 2012 Ministerial Forum on Universal Health Coverage in Mexico City
- U.S.-México Border Health Commission (USMBHC)
- E-Border Health
- USMBHC Reports
- USMBHC Research
Contact OGA Americas Office
Office of Global Affairs
330 C Street, SW
Washington, DC 20201
Phone: (202) 690-6174, (202) 260-0399
Fax: (202) 690-7127
Department of State Country Information
- Western Hemisphere Countries
- U.S. Embassies, Consulates, and Diplomatic Missions in the Americas
- Background Notes